Run Your Own Food Drive
Did you know that the majority of food prepared at Bread for Life comes from donations? You can help us feed the hungry in Southington by holding a food drive.
Before you begin, please contact us to see if there is anything that we are in special need of at the time of your food drive.
Phone us at 860-276-8389 or email us at email@example.com.
Getting Started with a Food Drive
You can hold a food drive with a group of people that you are associated with. Some ideas are:
- Your school
- Your place of work
- Your church
- Your neighborhood
- Your sports team or club
If you are hosting an event, you could collect food at the event. Some ideas are:
- Holiday party
- Birthday or anniversary party
- Sports game
Tips for Holding a Successful Food Drive
- Pick the location and dates of your food drive
- Select a place where donations will be dropped off and food can be kept.
- Provide boxes that are clearly marked for collecting food. Be creative to make your food collection box inviting. Use smaller boxes for easy lifting.
- Spread the word. Use social media, posters, announcements, flyers, and most importantly word of mouth to market your food drive.
- Thank everyone who participates and donates to your food drive.
After Your Food Drive
- Drop off your collected food to Bread for Life. We are also available to pick up from food drives.
Please call ahead 860-276-8389 to let us know when you will delivering the food or to arrange a pick up.
- Take a photo of your food drive so we can share your generosity and encourage others to organize a food drive.
Remember that we need food year round. So start planning your food drive today! Our clients will thank you.