Zucchini is abundant in our garden and here’s a delicious sweet treat using zucchini from our master gardener Paula:
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 2. 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almonds coarsely chopped
- 6 ounce bag of chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in zucchini, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add almonds and chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping spoonful onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on rack. Sift powdered sugar on top.
Cooking Video for Peggy’s Summer Squash and Tomato Casserole
- Click here for video
Chef Bob’s Squash and Zucchini Saute
- Cut 3-5 squash and zucchinis into cubes or half moons.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to frying pan and saute squash and zucchini.
- Add in salt and pepper and onion powder, and garlic powder to taste.
- Saute until veggies are al dente (10-15 minutes).
- Add paprika and basil if you like before serving.
Gwen’s Zucchini Squares
- Mix together:
- 4 cups of shredded zucchini
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon of each—salt, oregano, parsley
- 1 cup of Bisquick
- Beat together in separate bowl 3 eggs and ½ cup canola oil. Blend with above.
- Grease 9 x 13 glass dish and pour in mixture.
- Top with slices of fresh tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.