Bread for Life’s Favorite Recipes from the Garden
Cooking Video for Peggy’s Summer Squash and Tomato Casserole
- Click here for video
Chef Bob’s Squash and Zucchini Saute
- Cut 3-5 squash and zucchinis into cubes or half moons.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to frying pan and saute squash and zucchini.
- Add in salt and pepper and onion powder, and garlic powder to taste.
- Saute until veggies are al dente (10-15 minutes).
- Add paprika and basil if you like before serving.
Gwen’s Zucchini Squares
- Mix together:
- 4 cups of shredded zucchini
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon of each—salt, oregano, parsley
- 1 cup of Bisquick
- Beat together in separate bowl 3 eggs and ½ cup canola oil. Blend with above.
- Grease 9 x 13 glass dish and pour in mixture.
- Top with slices of fresh tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.